New Year, New Intentions: The Art of Manifestation
From my heart to yours. . . sending wishes for a very happy new year to come! 🥳 May your 2023 be filled with lots of precious little moments & things that bring you joy. ✨️
As old chapters come to a close, we prepare to begin again anew. We start the year with a blank canvas that's waiting to be filled with beautiful creations.
As we flow with the energy of the seasons. . . it's the perfect time to weed the garden of our lives and prepare our inner grounds to plant seeds that will come into full bloom throughout the course of the year.
As we let go of the old energies that no longer serve its purpose, we create space to tap into the art of manifestation.
And one of the most powerful practices we can do to harness this energy is set new intentions.
This new year energy has me feeling sassy and ready to spill the tea on the art of manifestation and all about the importance of setting intentions. So let's dive into it! 🙃
The Art of Manifestation
Here's a quick reminder that you have the power within you to create the beautiful things you dream of in life.
You are a powerful co-creator in this world. And you are worthy of bringing your creations to life.
To do so, it's important to establish a clear vision and trust in the process unfolding one step at a time.
Setting intentions is the foundation work for tapping into the art of manifestation.
Intentions help us become crystal clear on what we want to manifest and stay focused on making it happen... as life will inevitably throw us curve balls over time.
Resolutions vs. Intentions
Around this time, there's usually a lot of talk about new year's resolutions. And many people use the words resolutions and intentions interchangeably. But they are quite different, so let's break it down to clear up any confusion.
Resolutions are goals that focus on achieving a specific outcome. They tend to be measurable and clearly defined. For example, some new year resolutions may sound like this:
- Lose 10 lbs this year
- Cut all processed sugar out of my diet
- Increase my gross income by $10,000 this year
Intentions, on the other hand, are statements that focus more on the energy you want to feel. They tend to be more broad, compassionate, and qualitative. And I've personally found that intentions allow for more flexibility as our specific goals and visions can change over time with flow of life.
Check out my 2023 intentions below for inspiration!
My Five Intentions for 2023
Intention 1: Morning Rituals
I've created a morning ritual of meditation and relaxation to clear my mind, establish a routine, and practice more gratitude in my life.
Intention 2: Set Boundaries
I've learned to say no to things that don't align with my values or goals. I set boundaries to protect my time and energy.
Intention 3: Trust the Process
I let go of expectations and enjoy the flow of outcomes, timeliness, growth, and end results.
Intention 4: Deep Growth
I harness a child-like curiosity in all that I do. I educate myself on how and why to broaden my skill sets. I question everything, read daily, research studiously, and passionately educate this curious mind of mine.
Intention 5: Nurture Close Relationships
I spend quality time and build healthy relationships. I plan getaways to create precious memories with those I love!
How to Create Strong Intentions
As you can see from my list above, intentions carry a deeper and more fulfilling energy that helps us clarify how we want to feel in our lives.
Rather than focusing on superficial outcomes, intentions allow us to focus on the things that bring real meaning & joy to our lives. And encourage us to embrace the present moment. This is why setting intentions is so important in the art of manifestation!
In order to set strong intentions that will stick with you over the year to come, I recommend the following tips:
- Focus on 3-5 intentions - Any more than five, and it can be easy to get distracted. After a few weeks, the idea is that you're able to memorize your intentions and remember them at a moment's notice!
- Focus on the most important growth areas - When you create intentions, you want to think about what kind of energy will help you grow mentally, physically, and spiritually. The areas of your life that you choose to focus on should support you in reaching your goals.
- Write them down - It's been proven time and time again! Writing is a crucial piece to manifestation. It helps us bring the thoughts floating around in our minds into this physical world. It's a building block of creation.
- Write in the present or past tense - Your intentions should also serve as statements of affirmation. So that when you read them, you remember that you already embody this energy right here in the present moment. Sometimes writing in the past tense helps us remember that we've already achieved what we desire. It's only a matter of letting it unfold over time.
Using Your Intentions as a Powerful Tool
Now that you've set your intentions. It's time to put them into action so that you can live the better you and the more fabulous life you deserve.
So here are a few tips on how to make the most of your new intentions:
- Read your intentions first thing in the morning and before you go to bed at night.
- Pick one intention and meditate on it. Ask yourself meaningful questions about how you can bring more of that energy into your life. Allow yourself to receive the guidance that lies within.
- Celebrate and acknowledge when you find yourself sticking true to the intentions that you set!
This truly is one of my favorite times of the year! It's a time when we get to start fresh, go deep within, and nurture the dreams and visions that spark passion in our hearts.
So now that you're equipped with a fresh perspective on setting intentions to tap into the art of manifestation... I wanna hear from you!
What are your top 5 intentions for 2023?
Email me your intention statements at email@example.com ... or you can check out my latest Instagram post on setting new intentions and comment!
I look forward to hearing from you! Your feedback always gives me inspiration in the creative process.
In all my gratitude, thanks so much for being a beautiful part of this journey of mine. It's a blessing to share Jester Swink creations with you. Cheers to new beginnings! 🥂