The Art of Layers with Jewelry
It's layering time! Yes, it's cooling down and well, it's time to start thinking about grabbing all those fall and winter clothes. Out with the tank tops, and sundresses and in with the short and long sleeve tops, pants, light sweaters, and more; it's closet shopping all over again. Clearly layering isn't just all about your clothing, layering with jewelry is just as important; whether it's necklaces, bracelets, or rings.
My suggestion is first to pick out your base clothing item that you love, then add a layer if needed, and lastly, adorn it with layers of jewelry. Now the layering of jewelry is all about a few things that I'll suggest... but keep in mind it's also a style preference.
1 - Length Matters - The number one rule for layering your pieces together is choosing different lengths. If you don't, often the pieces will intertwine and cause bulkiness that you don't want! This is a great example of good layering.
2. Add Variety - Mix and match here, who doesn't love variety, right? Have fun with patterns, prints, texture, design, styles and more. I'd even say mix your metals. You can take a statement piece, like this rose necklace and layer it with a longer necklace introducing a new metal like copper.
3. Tie Everything Together - Since you've rocked your layered necklace looks, it's nice to round things out with a similar element in other jewelry. For instance, If there's kyanite in your necklace, then why not wear a kyanite bracelet? Kyanite earrings? Or if you're going all metal, then take the most prominent metal and add bold silver or gold ring. Play with your outfit overall, it's so fun!
4. Never Be Afraid of Color - Color is yet another layer of fashion. Don't be afraid to be bold, or subtle whatever your style is. Your jewelry could be pops of color to neutral clothing, or complimentary color to your fashion wears. Just have fun!
Click on images below to view the pieces
5. Layering with thick and thin... - Just because you have chunky pieces sitting in your collection, it doesn't mean you should wear them all at once. Play with varying thicknesses of your chains, leather, and/or silks. Again, have fun!
6. Experiment - I'd say the number one rule is mix things up and make sure you're achieving your independent personal style. It's what makes you YOU. As independent styled women we hunt for fun expression, beyond the mainstream trends, so do what feels right for you and where you're going.
I hope you've enjoyed some of these tips and don't forget to start today!